Recently, I became obsessed with Nalini Singh‘s Psy-Changeling series. If you are familiar with the series, then you might know how difficult it is to describe them to your friends. This is because the books explore the obstacles and dangers of a complex society of shape shifter, humans, and the powerful “Psy.” The Psy-Changeling is an adult paranormal romance series about an alternative society, in which three different races find themselves at war.
1. The Psy own gifts of the mind. They are able to use their minds for telepathy, telekinesis, to cure people, and even to stop or start wars. Recognizing the dangers of their own powers, the Psy conditioned emotion out of their lives. In turn, the conditioning made them even more dangerous.
2. The changelings are shape-shifter, half human and half animal. They belong to a variety of species, wolves, leopards, falcons, sharks, ect. The changelings’ lives depend strongly on emotions, family, and affection.
3. Humans are perhaps the less powerful, but the most influential race of the Psy-Changeling world.
The Best of Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling Series
Of course, romance is the backbone of the books. These are romance stories set in a world undergoing an intense social and political revolution. The relationships between the characters are strong. Nalini Singh portrays powerful and intelligent women. This is something I enjoy about the books. It would be easy for the alpha men in the story to dominate. However, the female characters are not damsels in distress. On the contrary, these female characters are remarkable and diverse. War is looming in the horizon for Psy, humans, and Changelings. There’s no
The characters develop smoothly through the series. Singh continues to explore her characters book by book, giving us snippets to their daily lives and their struggles.
The author explores the issues of a world where greed and love are at war. Parents, siblings, and lovers fight to keep those they love alive and protected against anti-Changelings supporters. The Psy begin to break conditioning and join the Changelings to save their families and friends. Nalini created a wonderful world to explore. This makes the Psy-Changeling series great books to read.
My Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
- Format: Mass Market Paperback
- Sales rank: 185,151
- Series: Psy-Changeling Series
- Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh (urbanbookthief.wordpress.com)
- Upcoming interview: Paranormal romance author, Nalini Singh (romancebooklime.wordpress.com)
- Nalini Singh Tour Info (nepheletempest.wordpress.com)