Important: Spoiler Alert
“OH MY STARS!”
Who or what is Clara Oswin Oswald? The Doctor is so intrigued, he spends his spare time (time not saving planets and people) trying to figure out an answer. The same happened with the mystery of River Song, except Clara’s mystery is more frustrating. Why? I think there’s a possibility that Clara is family. Perhaps, she’s a family descendant, related to his lost granddaughter or child.
We have seen the Doctor’s dynamic with his friends and past companions. We have seen him interact with strangers, but we know little to nothing about this family. In The Doctor’s Daughter episode, the doctor suddenly and unexpectedly becomes a father. What happens to his daughter after she wakes up? The Doctor still thinks she’s dead.
Okay, I have no evidence to support this theory. However, I pondered this question enough to entertain various thoughts.
There are many theories out there, many. As these start to pile, I’ve selected my top five favorite and fun theories circulating in the net.
1. Family. This is mainly wishful thinking. The idea has me hoping that the Doctor’s daughter will come back, at least for a last round. The Doctor blames himself for the lost of the Time lords, Gallifrey, and his family. I’m intrigued about how the Doctor would deal with a family member on board. There have been subtle hints. Let’s not forget about the small bassinet the Doctor keeps in the Tardis (Good Man Goes to War), or how casually he mentions his granddaughter in the latest episode. Could she be the Doctor’s daughter? Grandchild?
2. The Essence/Soul of the Tardis. The Great Intelligence continues to make its presence known. What does he want? The last time we checked in with the Doctor, the intelligence wanted to take over the world and to kill the Doctor himself. One of the theories circulating the net suggest that Clara is the result from the Tardis’ first interaction with the great intelligence (possibly from The Doctor’s Wife episode). I don’t know how this would work, but it idea sounds awesome/brilliant.
3. Creation of the (Doctor’s) mind. Did the Doctor conjured the perfect companion? This is a reference to the episode, The Abominable Snowman. In this episode, Clara and the children give life to the snowmen with the power of their minds. Is Clara a combination of all the previous companions? If so, this might be a sad realization for the doctor.
4. Multiple Dimensions Clara. Some believe that Clara and the Doctor continue to meet through different dimensions. Of this, the Doctor seems oblivious, knowing that it is extremely difficult for the Tardis to travel through dimensions, but not impossible.
5. Dalek Creation. Lastly, the first time we meet Clara, she is a Dalek with the consciousness of a human. How did she escape?
Please let me know about your theories? Dalek Creation? I want to hear.
Thanks for reading,
- Clara Oswin Oswald – Theories and Ideas about Season 7 Doctor Who (crystalsmithfineart.blogspot.com)
- How Did Clara Not Spill Her Drink & Other Observations About Doctor Who’s “The Bells of Saint John” (weminoredinfilm.com)
- Review – Doctor Who: The Rings of Akhaten by Neil Cross (Spoilers within) (hotcutegirlygeek.wordpress.com)
- Is Clara Oswin Oswald Destined to Be Rose Tyler 2.0? (tor.com)