In honor to my friends graduating this weekend, I have compiled a list of my favorite commencement speeches. After graduation, I found myself going back to some of these speeches for inspiration and reassurance. These are just the kind of commencements’ speeches I wished I had. If you are worried about what’s going to happen after graduation (about your job search, money, family, etc), then these are for you. I’m sure not everyone is going to listen to all speeches, but I urge you to give them a try. These speeches are quite humbling and down to earth.
1. John Green’s Commencement Speech 2013 – The most recent, but already one of my favorites.
2. J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement 2011
3. Harvard University 2011 Class Day Speech by Amy Poehler
4. Steve Jobs‘ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
- The Commencement Speech I Wish Someone Had Given at My Graduation (justinkownacki.com)
- Wall Street Journal: “This Is Water” Commencement Speech Goes Viral on the Net (mayo615.com)
- Arianna Huffington’s Commencement Speech On ‘Redefining Success: The Third Metric’ (huffingtonpost.com)